Miller Insurance Group’s COVID-19 Response
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused unprecedented action in our world, nation, and state. One such action was Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb’s Executive Order for Hoosiers to Stay-At-Home effective March 25, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Effective April 6 this has now been extended through Monday, April 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. The health and safety of our team and the clients we serve is of highest importance to our agency’s Board of Directors. As such, we are taking action to protect all stakeholders.
- Physical Office Closure – Our physical offices in Bremen, Culver, Wakarusa, and Indianapolis will be closed to the public from March 25 through April 20.
- Business As Usual – Even though our physical offices are closed, it is business as usual for our team. It is of the utmost importance that your experience with our agency feels as normal as possible. We realize that we’re often called upon in our client’s most difficult moments of loss. Just as we were there for you before this, we’ll be there for you now and in the future.
- Claim Reporting – We’ll continue to help clients with filing a claim during our normal business hours. If a claim occurs after hours, we recommend filing the claim directly to your insurance carrier. Carrier claim reporting can be found here.
- Premium Payments – With our physical offices being closed, we realize this may disrupt some client’s normal process for paying their insurance premium. To avoid a coverage disruption, we recommend paying the premium directly to your insurance carrier. Carrier billing portals can be found here. Please do not hesitate to call our office if you need support with this process.
- Client Meetings – During the stay-at-home order, we’ve asked our agents to attempt to hold as many meetings as possible remotely through telephone or video conferencing.
A Word of Encouragement
Our agency is built on the MIG Difference: 1) relationships; 2) trust; 3) industry knowledge; 4) service excellence; and 5) our process. In times like the current one, we are going to lean in heavily on relationships, trust, and service excellence. We want you to know that we’ve got your back and we’re going to be here for you providing the same level of care you’ve come to expect.
We look forward to getting through this together and coming out stronger on the other side!
The MIG Team
Our Insurance Carrier Responses
- Safeco Auto Insurance Premium Refund – New program gives Liberty Mutual and Safeco personal auto insurance customers a 15% refund on two months’ premium. Builds on other customer support, including flexible payment options for auto and home policies and delivery coverage expansion for auto policies. For more information click here.
- West Bend Insurance Home & Highway Payment – The coronavirus has turned our lives upside down in so many ways. It’s changed the way many of us work and is keeping all of us closer to home. Because of that, West Bend hopes to make this situation a little better by sending a one-time payment of $50 to our Home and Highway policyholders who insure their vehicles with us. We plan to process this as an expense rather than a premium adjustment so there would be no impact to premium volume or commission dollars. We’re currently consulting with insurance regulators to gain approval for our plan and finalizing how to deliver the payments as quickly as possible. More details will follow in the coming days. For more information click here. For more information click here.
- Progressive Personal Auto Premium Credit – Many of you are staying home to minimize exposure and spread of COVID-19. While you’re doing your part to fight the pandemic, we’re committed to being there in your time of need. If you have an active personal auto policy at the end of April, you’ll receive a credit for 20% of your April premium. We’ll offer the same 20% credit to active personal auto customers at the end of May, and we may offer additional credits in the upcoming months. For more information click here.
- Nationwide Personal Auto Premium Refund – Many customers are currently experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. To get relief in the hands of our customers quickly and simply, we are offering a one-time premium refund of $50 per policy for personal auto policies active as of March 31, 2020. The premium refund and timing are subject to individual state regulatory approval. For more information click here.
- Hanover Insurance Hanover CARES Refund – Created The Hanover CARES Refund, through which the company will return 15% of April and May auto premiums to its eligible personal lines customers, providing financial relief during the coronavirus pandemic. For more information click here.
- Selective Insurance Premium Credit – Announced that customers with personal and business auto insurance policies will receive a 15% premium credit for April and May related to the various COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders. For more information click here.
- Acuity Rate Discount – All existing personal lines auto policyholders will receive a rate cut for the entire next 12-month policy term at their policy renewal. New customers will also see a reduction in Acuity’s standard automobile insurance rates. A typical customer with two cars will see a decrease between $50 and $100, depending on their unique situation. This amounts to a credit of 7% for most customers. The rate decrease will apply to all new and renewal policies with effective dates on and after March 11, 2020. For more information click here.
- Frankenmuth Premium Refund – With shelter-in-place and stay-at-home orders in effect, we recognize people are driving less – and the risk of accidents is less, too. For these reasons, we will be providing a premium refund of 15% to our personal auto policyholders for April and May. For more information click here.
- Hastings Mutual Refund – Hastings Mutual plans to return 15% of the combined March and April 2020 auto premiums to our eligible Personal Auto customers, pending regulatory approval. For more information click here.
Other Helpful Resources
- MIG/Keystone Insurers Group Resource Center – Here you’ll find direct links to a plethora of resources relating to the COVID-19 response.